Friday 29 August 2014

Liebster Award!!

Liebster Award

I'm actually surprised to be getting this award. Because I don't usually get awarded for anything in my life, I'm actually really blessed and honored to be given this award today by a very special blogger who's fashion sense I have come to admire. I would like to give thanks to Jessica from JessTheGrrl for giving me this award and I'm really speechless right now so please give me a moment while I calm down from all of this excessive feelings of happiness and joy that I am feeling right now! Ok so maybe I am being a little bit dramatic about this and am taking this a little too far but you guys have no idea what I'm going through right now and this has really made my day! Please, if you get the chance to, check out her blog! I just know that one day, she will become famous for her killer sense of style, just you watch! I believe in her! :)


Sorry that this took a while for me to actually post this. I was still trying to figure out how to figure out how to answer some of these questions that she had given me as well as coming up with a list of people and questions to give to my nominees. You're in for a real treat today since I'm finally going to be able to share to you some of the unique things about me that you probably don't already know. I should probably warn you from now, some of my answers are a bit strange and weird and might actually cause you to question my sanity. Please proceed with caution!


11 Interesting Facts About Me

  • I'm am Only Child who really hates being by myself and I just wish that I had a sibling to hang out with, so that I can be normal for once, just like everybody else in this world.
  • I'm obsessed with the Zodiac, Tarot Cards, and Astrology in general (Which actually drives my religious mother insane!). Every time I see something with my own zodiac sign (Gemini) on it, I go bananas over it and immediately have to have it in my collection! You can see just how deep my obsession runs on my Gemini Pride Board over on Pinterest. 
  • I've been obsessed with Fashion since I was six years old. Back then, I used to take off all the clothes off my Barbie dolls and then try to make different clothes out of toilet paper. Unfortunately, It didn't turn out so great and since I had lost all of their clothes, they have been left naked since. (I'm still amazed that the naked bodies haven't managed to corrupt my innocent little brain back then!). It wasn't until high school that I've actually developed some actual sense of style and it took me until college to have said sense of style perfected. Someday, I hope to have a career in the Fashion Industry either as a Fashion Marketer, or even designing my own clothes! (I just have to relearn how to sew first!)
  • I don't like to wear makeup nor do I see the point of it. Whenever I have makeup applied by either myself or a professional, I always wind up looking like a clown and a freak of nature, and so I just avoid makeup at all costs. The only actual time that I'll put on makeup is when I have to dress up for Halloween, for my Birthday, or for New Year's Eve.
  • I'm tend to be a very emotional person. My emotions tend to be unpredictable and they sometimes blend into one another. Let's just say you don't want to see me in a bad mood. It can get pretty ugly pretty fast!
  • I'm sometimes absent-minded and a bit of a daydreamer and so sometimes, I'll just wander into a room and not have clue as to how I got there in the first place.
  • I currently suffer from 7 different phobias including the fear of bees/flies and the fear of germs in general
  • I'm extremely afraid of dogs. When I was eight years old, I was bit by a black and white dog named Scooter while I was walking to school. He had chased me around in circles for about two minutes before jumping up and biting me on the left leg. The bite had left a nasty scar on my legend which caused me to live in fear of dogs ever since. The funny thing is, the dog (as well as the old lady that owns him), hasn't even aged a day, I mean shouldn't dogs be dead at like 15? I mean he was like at least 3-4 years old when he attacked me!
  • I'm a HUGE fan of cookie dough and birthday cake ice cream! (especially when it comes with those huge chunks of birthday cake in them!!) I always eat the chunks last so that I can enjoy the sweet, heavenly bliss that comes with savouring the delicate flavours of the raw cookie dough (or even freshly baked cake for that matter!
  • I'm self conscious about my height. I get extremely uncomfortable whenever height is ever mentioned  and I especially hate it when people feel the need to address my height at all times wherever I go, and I especially hate it when people sees me as this frail little thing (I'm actually tougher than I look!)
  • I have a weird way of dancing and people are always telling me that I look like a moronic chicken everytime that I dance. Hey! I can't help it if I was born without a sense of rhythm whatsoever!


  • I'm also one of the very few style bloggers in this world that is actually single. Now that would be something if I can actually prove to the Fashion Blogging world that you don't need a boyfriend or even a husband to take your pics. You can be just as successful all by yourself! (I know this is actually 12 Things about me, I just wanted to get this little point across!)
Questions from Jessica

What Fashion Apparel is a must for your everyday wear?

I am nothing without my scarves. They are not only practical and great at keeping me warm, They are also very stylish too! Leather jackets, beanies, and a killer pair of shades are also important in a budding fashionista's wardrobe.

What is your favourite Street Brand?

UNIF! UNIF! UNIF!!! It has been my all-time favourite street brand every since I laid eyes on their super sweet Hellraisers! Plus I'm pretty obsessed with their tie-dye clothing and their witty and devil-may-care remarks on their graphic tees and clothing in general. But unfortunately, the brand is extremely overpriced and is currently out of my reach (How else am I going to survive as a broke college student? Times are tough you know?). Instead I just go to Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters for my Urban and Street Style fix. (Karmaloop, Nasty Gal, and Dollz Kill are also great alternatives if you have a bit more cash in your pockets!)

Who is your Celebrity Crush?

Definitely Taylor Momsen and Lana Del Rey. They've been my style muses since day one and they have been a huge inspiration to me when it comes to fashion and life in general. (And if you haven't listened to Taylor's music already, you should definitely give her a listen! She's currently the front-woman of this rock band called The Pretty Reckless, and the music that her band provides is really kickass!) I also have a love/hate relationship with Luanna P. from Le-Happy whose style I've come to admire but at the same time I'm kinda jealous of her and I do wish that I was successful just like her, kinda like a unrequited Kismesis relationship if you will. She is one of the main reasons why I started Fashion Blogging in the first place and I do understand that with Hard Work, and a little patience, I think anybody is capable of being the next big thing.

Name one thing about yourself that you define as weird.

I'll have these little moments in which I would like talk to myself and start walking around for no reason like a crazy woman.

What was the silliest thing that you have done in your life?

I'm not sure actually. I think my whole life is just silly in general so its pretty hard for me to pick just one.

What do you do when you encounter a big Cockroach?

Step on them. Duh! What were you expecting from me? That I run around like an idiot and scream for help!? In fact I have a funny story back from when I was a little and when I used to live in a apartment building that was full of nothing but cockroaches. Everytime I spot a cockroach, I would step on one and them put the dead corpse in the back of my toy ambulance and pretend to drive them to the hospital. When it became obvious that it would not be coming back to life, I just flush the dead bug down the toilet. Here's a crude drawing That I'd made to help illustrate my point.

Cockroach Illustration

Ok I'll admit that it was kinda gross but it really piqued my curiosity back when I was younger so you'll have to forgive me for that one.

What is your favourite type of music genre?

My musical tastes tend to be varied and it basically boils down to what I'm feel for on a particular day. Because the type of music that I'm in too all boils down to my current mood, I'll listen to stuff like Pop, Reggae, Electronia, Electro Swing, and Indie Pop music on my happier days and Stuff like Gothic Rock, Grunge Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, or anything sung by Evanescence, or Lana Del Rey on my angry and/or sad days. And Sometimes I'll just listen to music that is downright weird and eclectic such as the music commonly found in the Homestuck Soundtrack.










Where would you like to live in?

I always wanted to live in California so maybe like a modern beach house or a luxurious mansion. Alternatively, I would love to live in a penthouse high above the city or perhaps a modern townhouse in some trendy and hip neighbourhood that's close to the heart of the city.

What is the thing that you love most above Blogging?

Music is my life baby! I cannot imagine a single moment without a little music in my life. And because I'm a bit of a shopaholic, I also love shopping and fashion above all else.

What would you do if you were stranded on an island?

I don't know? Cry for help!? Anyways I'll just try to make some makeshift shelter and use whatever I find as food and hopefully the fire that I use to cook food/signal passing ships will eventually be spotted by somebody and I would be saved!
Nah, who am I kidding, I'll just end up crazy like the guy on Castaway and all the living creatures on the island will become my new friends! (Hey! It's way better than using a volleyball and calling him "Wilson"!)

A word to summarize yourself.

Random. Completely and utterly random.

My Nominees

Due to the fact that I follow blogs that already have large followings, I am unable to pick out 11 blogs with less than 200 followers. And so I just decided to nominate blogs whose blogs that I really like and/or have less than 200 followers.
And if this isn't a problem to her I would also like to nominate This wonderful person right here!
I know this is more than 11 nominees, But I promised myself that I would nominate certain people for their amazing blogs and to help them get more viewers, even if it meant exceeding my 11 nominee limit.

Questions for the Nominees
  • What inspired you to go into fashion blogging?
  • Who is your favourite blogger and why?
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?
  • What is your favourite clothing item in your wardrobe
  • Describe your typical fashion style.
  • List of Fandoms that you are in (or if you have no idea what a Fandom is, just tell me a list of TV Shows/Movies/Comic Books that you like.)
  • What is your biggest pet peeve?
  • Describe your greatest childhood memory.
  • Do you believe in love at first sight? Or do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
  • Where do you like to shop for clothing?
  • List of Songs that's currently on your playlist.


The Rules
  •  Link back to the person that nominated you for the award.
  • You must write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
  • You also have to answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
  • After completing this, you should nominate 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and then give them 11 questions of you choice. However, you cannot nominate your nominator.
  • You have to let your nominees know that they've been nominated and give them access to the link to find out more about the award.
Oh and if that video somehow becomes viral and people start laughing at me, I have absolutely no regrets except the main fact that I finally got to show the world how I dance and that there's no shame in having no rhythm! Just do you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...